-
Matt Miller
Posts
Don’t Be Offended
One of the best pieces of advice I’ve ever heard was this: “Try hard not to offend others. Try even harder not to let others...
Be the Light – Happy 4th of a July
I’ve come to understand that the way we see the world…will also be the way we receive the world. If you’re grateful, you begin noticing...
Asking for Help
Asking for help isn’t weakness—it’s actually strength. For the first 22 years of my life, I thought strength meant figuring everything out on my own....
Choose Your Hard
We all get to choose our hard. There is no easy. It’s hard to build a business. It’s hard to lead people. It’s hard to...
The Right Philosophy
Optimism is a requirement for advisors…for both themselves and their clients. Just like the famous instructions before each flight – an advisor must put their...
The Life You Didn’t Plan
I think most of us carry around a picture of how our lives are supposed to unfold. We have a timeline in our heads –...
The Conviction Framework
Why Advisors with Conviction Build Better Firms, Better Clients, and Better Lives At its core, conviction is not about certainty.It’s not about predicting markets, outperforming...
Beginning with the End
One of my most favorite stories about visualization comes from Jim Valvano, the legendary coach who took an underdog team from obscurity to national champions....
Resentments
Have you ever noticed that we use two scales when it comes to judgement? We tend to judge others by their actions, but judge ourselves...